Since fighting between the Ukrainian Army and Pro-Russian separatists broke out, more than one million have fled the conflict zone in Eastern Ukraine and nearly 8,000 people have lost their lives.
But those numbers tell only part of the story. God is at work in Ukraine.
As ABWE missionaries and national partners continue to minister to scared and desperate people, they are witnessing the power of the gospel to change lives in the middle of turmoil. Churches outside the conflict zone have begun building relationships with the hundreds of refugees pouring into their neighborhoods and churches within the war zone in eastern Ukraine are reaching out to members of their devastated communities by providing food, clothing, shelter and Bibles.
WILL YOU HELP?
As the chaos in eastern Ukraine increases, so does the need to share the gospel and demonstrate compassion to those who are struggling. With your help, our teams will be able to:
- Help more Ukrainian partner-churches outside the conflict zone provide food, clothing and personal hygiene supplies for refugee families and orphans
- Help partner-churches within the conflict zone to care for their wounded, disabled, and destitute neighbors
- Provide New Testaments and Christian literature to refugees and soldiers
Will you also please keep the crisis in Ukraine in your prayers? Please pray for:
- Protection for those believers who have chosen to stay in the conflict zone, at great personal risk, to share the love of Christ with those in need
- Boldness for Ukrainian believers in sharing the story of hope
- Wisdom for the ABWE team in Ukraine and their national partners in identifying projects and distributing help to those who most need it, and where God is most at work
- That God would work through the crisis to soften hearts and draw many into a relationship with Himself
- Lasting peace in Ukraine
To keep up to date with the latest prayer needs and ministry stories coming out of Ukraine, follow our team's Facebook page.